Monday, June 28, 2010

Engagement day!!!

As most of you know, Pieter and I got engaged on Sunday, June 6th.  This is most certainly the most exciting thing for us!!  It was our 1.5 year anniversary and Pieter made it a very romantic and special night.  It ended up being the first day in so long that I did nothing but eat, sleep, and watch movies in bed.  We got all dressed up for the amazing dinner that Pieter made.  He picked a bunch of daisies for me from our field without me knowing and lit candles.  Pieter had gotten my mom and dad's old engagement ring from my mother when he was in Portland and I had stayed at the farm, so that I would have no idea.  Got the ring all cleaned and sparkly.

We woke up that morning and just relaxed for a long time, which we never get to do with work/school/farm.  We had breakfast sandwiches and mimosas w/Prosecco, organic pear juice and pieces of organic peaches.  We went back to bed and finished our drinks while watching a movie.  Then we got up, showered, had falafel sandwiches w/homemade Greek yogurt cucumber dressing and more mimosas for lunch.  Then we took a NAP (which I NEVER get to do!), it was amazing!  

After, we got up and Pieter started dinner while I took a shower and got dressed.  That's when I came into the dining room to find the flowers and candles.  Pieter had made an amazing lobster risotto with Drunken Goat Cheese, corn, garlic, and tomatoes, with a beet salad that had goat cheese and another round of mimosas.  It was very romantic, special, and delicious!  For dessert he made an amazing cherry/chocolate/cream dessert and chocolate martinis.  They had organic dark chocolate w/cherries and it was sooo good!  We sat down to eat dessert and before we did he told me he loved me so much and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, then he got down on one knee, took my hand, pulled out the ring and put it on my finger, asking me to be his wife.  I said YES!  cried, asked if he was serious, he cried, said yes he was serious, then he said "just to confirm, because I want to say it correctly, will you marry me?"  and I said, "yes! of course!!"  We were both pretty emotional and very happy, and called each other fiances for the rest of the night :)  It was the best night of my life so far and makes me so excited for the rest of our lives!  Pictures from that night:

 

3 comments:

  1. you two are so darling....I am so very happy!! you are so good together and I know you will share a wonderful life together! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! Piet, so happy for you buddy. Sara - hope we can find our way out to Maine to meet you in person soon! Love the blog, great pics and stories! - Steve & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so amazing. So much growth and life. It's so you Sara. I'm really happy for you, you're right where you belong.
    I read the blog about the engagement. It's a beautiful story. I personally know you've kissed a few toads. But, at last you've found your Prince ~ Congrat's to you and Piet, I know you'll be very happy together. I wish you a lifetime of love, health and happiness ~ oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete